http://randburg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/img55045-Balcony.jpg 480 720 Eydís Sól Steinarrsdóttir /wp-content/uploads/2017/01/rlogo.png Eydís Sól Steinarrsdóttir2017-12-01 10:27:452017-12-01 10:27:45Hostel Iceland
HI Iceland is a non-profit membership organisation established in 1939. The organisation is a member of Hostelling International, a worldwide network of 3300 hostels spared across 89 countries. Our Hostels fulfil the international assured standards for HI Hostels. That means you can rely on consistent level of services and facilities wherever you stay.
Since its inception the organisation’s main goal has been to promote and encourage people of all ages to travel and to increase their knowledge and appreciation of nature and culture. To this end, HI Iceland operates the following programmes:
- 34 hostels around the country with over 1100 beds. Loft Hostel in Reykjavík, Reykjavík City Hostel, Reykjavík Downtown Hostel and Borgarnes Hostel are owned and run by HI Iceland; other hostels are privately owned, but in close cooperation with HI Iceland through standard co-operation agreements.
- Information centre for domestic and foreign hostels.
- Management of a travel agency that takes care of bookings for Icelandic hostels, renting cars and offering a variety of tours around Reykjavík and to different parts of the country.
- Operation of the Reykjavík Campsite. The Campsite is open all year with approximately 35.000 overnights.
- The organisation has worked diligently since its foundation on promoting environmental issues which have since the year 2003 been a mainstay of the organisation’s quality.